You will have, no doubt, heard the latest government guidance from the Prime Minister’s briefing regarding COVID 19 on the 16th of March 2020.
The information is important to all schools and this will dictate some of the additional steps that we are taking at New Marske Primary School to comply with the latest guidance.
- If a member of a household exhibits one or both of the two symptoms – new, continuous cough; high temperature – all members of the household should self isolate for 14 days;
- Everyone exhibiting no symptoms should cease non-essential social contact and non-essential travel;
- People who fall into the government’s definition of more vulnerable groups (over 70s, those with underlying health conditions, and pregnant women – the latter as a precautionary measure only) should be largely shielded from social contact for around 12 weeks;
- Mass gatherings will not be supported by emergency services and will, therefore, be cancelled;
- All gatherings should be limited, where possible.
If you have any questions about this guidance, please contact a member of the school office.